Thursday, March 25, 2021

The PERFECT CHILD

 

Ephesians 6:1 

King James Version

6 Children, 

obey your parents in the Lord: 

for this is right.


How is it in your home?

Are your children perfect?

By what standards do you measure that?

Who could be a perfect child?

There is one.

JESUS.

Scripture testifies to that:

Philippians 2:8 (KJV)

8 And being found in fashion as a man, 

he humbled himself, 

and became obedient unto death, 

even the death of the cross.


What could be greater?

Sacrificing one's life for all of us.

In consonance with the will of the Father.

That all may be saved.

Defeating the power of death.

JESUS became a bridge.

For His Father to be glorified.

And for man to be sanctified.

Romans 5:19 (KJV)

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, 

so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.


Jesus obeyed His Father, for He loved Him.

John 14:31 (KJV)

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; 

and as the Father gave me commandment, 

even so I do.

 Arise, let us go hence.


He only obeyed what His Father taught Him.

John 8:28 (KJV)

28 Then said Jesus unto them, 

When ye have lifted up the Son of man, 

then shall ye know that I am he, 

and that I do nothing of myself; 

but as my Father hath taught me

I speak these things.


He only did things that pleased His Father.

John 8:29 (KJV)

29 And he that sent me is with me: 

the Father hath not left me alone; 

for I do always those things that please him.


He only did the will of the Father.

John 6:38 (KJV)

38 For I came down from heaven, 

not to do mine own will, 

but the will of him that sent me.


And this was what God asked of Jesus:

John 6:39-40 (KJV)

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, 

that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, 

but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, 

that every one which seeth the Son, 

and believeth on him, 

may have everlasting life: 

and I will raise him up at the last day.


Perfect love calls for perfect obedience.

Children don't follow blindly.

We've all been kids once.

Deep in our hearts, we know what feels right, and what doesn't.

Thus, we looked up to models of perfection.

Sometimes, kids would prefer their friends' parents, who seem kinder, more loving, more generous.

I only look to God, as the perfect parent.

And to Jesus, as the perfect child.

Those are my models for perfection.

How about you?

Who do you follow?


Updated 25 January 2022


COMPLEX to SIMPLE

  2 Corinthians 11:3-4 King James Version 3 But I fear, lest by any means,  as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty,  so your minds...