Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The LORD's INVITATION

 

Revelation 3:20 

King James Version

20 Behold, 

I stand at the door, and knock: 

if any man hear my voice, and open the door, 

I will come in to him, and will sup with him, 

and he with me.


If Jesus knocked at your door, would you open the door for Him?

Would you know it was Him at the door?

And if you did, would you faint, in shock?

Or would you invite the Lord, offering Him whatever you had in your home?

Would you invite Him to dine with you, even as He wishes to sup with you?

Would you know that you are receiving the Living Water, and the Bread of Life, Himself?

Would you be aware that your home, is your heart?

And that's what the Lord cares about?

That you invite Him into your heart, and that He would abode there forever?

Jesus invited me three times, starting 20 years ago.

That's how patient the Lord is.

And that's how slow I was.

But He knew, when I was ready to finally receive His Word, I was going to go totally into it, which I have.

It is human nature that when we have a lot, when we are enjoying, being prosperous, even popular, we forget the Lord.

Others may not even know of His existence.

But when things fall apart, that's when we call on Him for help.

But the rest of the time, we were all busy with things of the world.

Is that the way we should treat our Most Honored Guest?

In one of those three dreams I had, Jesus showed up as my "landlord", for I was looking for a "home".

Isn't that such a beautiful dream?

The Lord showing up as a humble landlord, when all heaven, and earth, are His.

I knew the Lord loved me, despite my many errors.

He loved me, because He kept showing up in my dreams, and giving me lots of prompts, and clues.

He knew I'd pay attention.

And I'm glad I did.

Now, JESUS is Lord of my household.

Everything I have, is His.

Everything I am, is His.

As it was, right from the start.

Just that we become beholden to the world, thinking it's our real home.

Still, despite all that illusion, the Lord continues to knock at our doors, waiting for us to open to Him, so we can all dine together.

As the Best Guest there could ever be, the Lord also invites us to His Father's place:

John 14:2-3 

King James Version

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: 

if it were not so, 

I would have told you. 

I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, 

I will come again, 

and receive you unto myself; 

that where I am, 

there ye may be also.


How can you not want to love Jesus?

How can you not accept the gift of Love and Light from the Lord?

Do you know what you're missing?


Image: Stefan Johnson


Updated 7 October 2022


CONQUERING the flesh

  1 Corinthians 15:57 King James Version 57 But thanks be to God,  which giveth us the victory  through our Lord Jesus Christ . What does it...