Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The SAVING PRAYER

 

I came upon 

a little discovery today.

A little?

Nah, it's HUGE!


I get all excited, when the Holy Spirit leads me to verses.

Which seem to trigger eureka in me.

Then I can't wait to tell you.

And here's what I found!

A prayer to invite Jesus into your life.

A prayer asking for answers.

A prayer asking to be taught.

A prayer asking for the next step.

A prayer asking for help.

A prayer of surrender.

A prayer opening the door to His grace:

Psalm 25:4-5 

King James Version

4 Shew me thy ways, O Lord; 

teach me thy paths.

5 Lead me in thy truth, 

and teach me: 

for thou art the God of my salvation; 

on thee do I wait all the day.


If your heart be true, God will answer you.

Whoops, that rhymes.

I know I'm on the right track.

What's your heart like?

Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

13 And ye shall seek me, 

and find me, 

when ye shall search for me 

with all your heart.


That's a start.

But I don't know when God will answer you.

I don't know when He'll start sending the clues.

Perhaps, He's been sending?

And you're sleeping?

And not paying attention?

Rejecting?

Ignoring?

Hiding?

Partying?

Aha!

Anyway, keep praying that saving prayer.

Lay your heart bare before the Lord.

And wait.

Psalm 27:14 (KJV)

14 Wait on the Lord: 

be of good courage, 

and he shall strengthen thine heart: 

wait, I say, 

on the Lord.


You will have your answers.

You will be shown the way.

God will make sure.

He's done that to me, many times.

Especially when I became born again.

After which, the answers became immediate.

Making me stagger sometimes, with its speed.

And precision.


How is your relationship with the Lord?

Re-establish it now.

Pray, and wait.

God has stuff to show you.

At His own PERFECT time.

Isaiah 30:18 (KJV)

18 And therefore will the Lord wait, 

that he may be gracious unto you, 

and therefore will he be exalted, 

that he may have mercy upon you: 

for the Lord is a God of judgment: 

blessed are all they that wait for him.


Be child-like, and sincere with God.

He cannot stand the proud.


Updated 25 January 2022


CONQUERING the flesh

  1 Corinthians 15:57 King James Version 57 But thanks be to God,  which giveth us the victory  through our Lord Jesus Christ . What does it...