Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Other FORMS of idolatry

 

1 Corinthians 10:21 

King James Version

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, 

and the cup of devils: 

ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, 

and of the table of devils.


The word "idol" says much.

The word "idolize" says even more.

What do you idolize?

Is it a person, money, wealth, position, glory, looks, education, popularity, possessions?

Those will distract you from the Lord.

Have no affinity with those.


"But I need a smart phone so I can download the Bible app."

"I need to be rich, so I can help the poor."

"If I win this beauty contest, I aim to promote world peace."

"If I become president of this country, I can do much."

"I need to be popular, so people will listen to me."

"We need to raise funds for our church."

"I'll need a car, so I can go places, reach more people."

"Let's organize a concert to raise funds to buy medicines."


Are you sure it's for the GLORY of GOD?

Or, perhaps, it's for personal glory -- on the pretext of serving the Lord?

The Lord would know, I assure you.

Unless you're born again, you will not know the subtle, and marked difference.

The Holy Spirit will be your guide on matters of the Spirit, and of the presence of Jesus, in anything you think, speak, and do.


Jesus was not known to wear gold rings for you to kiss.

On the contrary, He washed the feet of His apostles.

John 13:13-16 

King James Version

13 Ye call me Master and Lord: 

and ye say well; 

for so I am.

14 If I then, 

your Lord and Master, 

have washed your feet; 

ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

15 For I have given you an example, 

that ye should do as I have done to you.

16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, 

The servant is not greater than his lord; 

neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.


The Lord didn't wish to be idolized.

If anything, before they adored His person, He'd vanish among the crowd.

Jesus always offered everything back to the Father's glory.

It was one of His greatest teachings.

John 14:10 

King James Version

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, 

and the Father in me

the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: 

but the Father that dwelleth in me, 

he doeth the works.


John 14:24 

King James Version

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: 

and the word which ye hear is not mine, 

but the Father's which sent me.


John 14:28 

King James Version

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, 

I go away, and come again unto you. 

If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, 

because I said, I go unto the Father

for my Father is greater than I.


By now, you'd see how the world is, compared to Jesus.

The ways of the world can never conform to the ways of God.

What have you chosen?


Related material:

"TELL NO MAN"

Idolatry


Updated 24 November 2022


CONQUERING the flesh

  1 Corinthians 15:57 King James Version 57 But thanks be to God,  which giveth us the victory  through our Lord Jesus Christ . What does it...