Sunday, February 21, 2021

The ROAD to RIGHTEOUSNESS

 


John 15:18-25 
King James Version

18 If the world hate you, 

ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, 

the world would love his own: 

but because ye are not of the world, 

but I have chosen you out of the world, 

therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, 

The servant is not greater than his lord. 

If they have persecuted me, 

they will also persecute you; 

if they have kept my saying, 

they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you 

for my name's sake, 

because they know not him that sent me.

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, 

they had not had sin: 

but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works 

which none other man did, 

they had not had sin: 

but now have they both seen and hated 

both me and my Father.

25 But this cometh to pass, 

that the word might be fulfilled 

that is written in their law, 

They hated me without a cause.


Jesus never promised us a rose garden, while on earth.

Like the path He took, ours will be tricky, and narrow, facing many obstacles thrown by the godless ones.

That's how it will be, on the road to righteousness.

We will be faced with great travail, as we follow the path paved by Jesus, following His Word, at every step.

But take heart, the Lord Jesus will pray to the Father, to send us Someone to comfort us as we navigate the mine-filled streets in this world.

John 15:26-27 (KJV)

26 But when the Comforter is come, 

whom I will send unto you from the Father, 

even the Spirit of truth, 

which proceedeth from the Father, 

he shall testify of me:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, 

because ye have been with me from the beginning.


All we need to do is to believe in Jesus, the Word of God -- His gospel, His ministry, His death, His crucifixion, His resurrection, His return, His promise of eternal life, His Holy Spirit.

We will not be left comfortless, as Jesus said.

John 14:18 (KJV)

18 I will not leave you comfortless: 

I will come to you.


We will have the Holy Spirit of God -- the teacher of all things, the Spirit of truth -- with us.

Acts 5:32 (KJV)

32 And we are his witnesses of these things; 

and so is also the Holy Ghost, 

whom God hath given to them that obey him.


Updated 25 January 2022


CONQUERING the flesh

  1 Corinthians 15:57 King James Version 57 But thanks be to God,  which giveth us the victory  through our Lord Jesus Christ . What does it...