Friday, February 23, 2024

COMPLEX to SIMPLE

 

2 Corinthians 11:3-4

King James Version

3 But I fear, lest by any means, 

as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty,

 so your minds should be corrupted 

from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, 

whom we have not preached, 

or if ye receive another spirit, 

which ye have not received, 

or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, 

ye might well bear with him.


How do we learn best?

Step, by step.

Through SPIRIT.

The "teacher of all things".

He reminds us the LORD's way.

Which is to be childlike:

Matthew 18:3

King James Version

3 And said, 

Verily I say unto you, 

Except ye be converted, 

and become as little children, 

ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.


The true born again is childlike.

We look to SPIRIT to make things plain.

By the GRACE of GOD, we understand Scripture.

SPIRIT leads us to many discoveries.

He feeds us an idea.

It's up to us to look into it.

As in  my experience today.


First, He leads me to a Chuck Missler video on America's crisis.

One particular quote stands out:

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, 

and exercise power from behind the scenes."

   -- Felix Frankfurter


So, I check who Felix Frankfurter is.

Wikipedia supplies me this info:

"was an Austrian-born American jurist who served as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from 1939 until 1962, during which period he was a noted advocate of judicial restraint in its judgements"


Naturally, I gravitate to the phrase "judicial restraint".

What was that all about?

Wikipedia tells me:

"Judicial restraint is a judicial interpretation that recommends favoring the status quo in judicial activities and is the opposite of judicial activism."


Now, another set of words intrigue me.

"status quo"

I've often heard of it in the past.

But never got to check on it.

Till now:

"Status quo is a Latin phrase meaning the existing state of affairs, particularly with regard to social, political, religious, scientific or military issues."


Digging further, I was pleased that Wikipedia uses it in a sentence:

"To maintain the status quo is to keep things 

the way they presently are."


Aha, bingo!

But, is that possible?

To keep things as they "presently are"?

Is the world's present condition commendable?

Let's see what Scripture says:

1 John 2:16

King James Version

16 For all that is in the world, 

the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, 

and the pride of life, is not of the Father, 

but is of the world.


Obviously, a change is needed.

We need to turn to the LORD.

Especially in these end times.

Isn't this what JESUS came for?

To save every man, from sin?

Ezekiel 36:26-27

King James Version

26 A new heart also will I give you, 

and a new spirit will I put within you: 

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, 

and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, 

and cause you to walk in my statutes, 

and ye shall keep my judgments, 

and do them.


Mark 1:15

King James Version

15 And saying, 

The time is fulfilled, 

and the kingdom of God is at hand: 

repent ye, 

and believe the gospel.


John 3:3-8

King James Version

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 

Except a man be born again, 

he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, 

How can a man be born when he is old? 

can he enter the second time 

into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, 

he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; 

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, 

Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, 

and thou hearest the sound thereof, 

but canst not tell whence it cometh, 

and whither it goeth: 

so is every one that is born of the Spirit.


2 Corinthians 5:17

King James Version

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, 

he is a new creature: 

old things are passed away; 

behold, 

all things are become new.


Revelation 21:1-5

King James Version

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: 

for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; 

and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, 

new Jerusalem, 

coming down from God out of heaven, 

prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, 

Behold, 

the tabernacle of God is with men, 

and he will dwell with them, 

and they shall be his people, 

and God himself shall be with them, 

and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; 

and there shall be no more death, 

neither sorrow, 

nor crying, 

neither shall there be any more pain: 

for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, 

Behold, 

I make all things new. 

And he said unto me, 

Write: 

for these words are true 

and faithful.


As the jurist would say, "I rest my case."

Definitely time for change.


Related material:

WORD of GOD

The GOD things

BORN AGAIN articles


Image: Clipart Library


CONQUERING the flesh

  1 Corinthians 15:57 King James Version 57 But thanks be to God,  which giveth us the victory  through our Lord Jesus Christ . What does it...